I Am Free


Trying to smile and hide the pain;
Faking my way through another day.
Wearing the mask that seems to fit;
Always feeling the need to switch.
Can’t seem to please anyone
Much less myself.
Ashamed of how I really feel
And don’t want to share
But I’m more afraid of finding out
‘No one really cares!’
Opening the curtains
Letting in the light
Saying ‘Goodbye’ to negativity
I don’t need you tonight.
I have Jesus
He’s the only thing I need
He’s my all and all
He can catch me when I fall
I don’t need to pretend a thing
He already knows everything
I am FREE!

2 comments:

brian.allred said...

Very nice. Miss you. See you at Nate's Hitchin' Day. Hope all is well.

heparcher said...

this is really good! i always love yr poetry. its so honest and relatable.:) keep writing :)

Post a Comment