because it makes me happy... ^^

When I was a Freshman in college a friend of mine gave up negative thinking for Lent. Now, she recognized that in general it is IMPOSSIBLE to give up ALL negative thinking, but to her it was more of a chance to work on being POSITIVE. One of the things she did to focus on being positive was make a list of 100 things that made her happy. Once she was finished, she posted it on Facebook as a note, and encouraged the rest of us to do the same. Well, it took me almost a year before I eventually posted my list onto Facebook. Now, almost a year since THEN, I no longer have a Facebook, and have a serious gluten sensitivity that required me to make a few changes, which prompted the creation of this blog. I'd like to encourage all of you to make one for yourself. It's so easy to get caught up in the negative things of this life, it's nice to sometimes take a moment and remember the POSITIVE ones, big AND small! :) Anywho, here it is...my semi-revised list now back online in BLOG form...

100 Things that make me HAPPY!

1. JESUS
2. Putting together 1000 piece jigsaw puzzles
3. Curling up in REALLY soft blankets
4. Making snow angels
5. Reading a good book
6. Drinking a good cup of Joe in the morning
7. CHOCOLATE
8. Followed closely by Ice-cream…rough days require dosages of both ;)
9. Hoods!!! I love wearing hoods
10. Stealing/barrowing boys’ Hoodies and wearing them…they are more comfortable and tend to smell GREAT!
11. Shoes…fun shoes make me VERY happy…especially when on sale =)
12. Sales, Sales, Sales…I do not like buying things full price
13. Dancing and singing like no one is around whether they are or not ;)
14. APRIL FOOL’S DAY…I’m pretty sensitive, but I like to think I can take a joke…I usually just give REALLY GOOD responses to being pranked…don’t worry, I tend to forgive once I know it’s a joke…
15. Making new friends
16. Going to foreign countries
17. Meeting and getting to know people from foreign countries
18. PLAYING SOCCER!!!! Or actually anything related to the sport…I LOVE IT ♥♥♥
19. Solving the Rubik’s Cube
20. Blogging
21. socks =D
22. When the Hungarians use the “Happy Carrots” ^ ^ and me using a REDICULOUS amount of … (ellipses)
23. FreeCreditReport.com commercials
24. ENRIQUE!!!! ♥ [Iglesias]
25. Ultrasounds on my leg
26. My Two Random obsessions: CANADA…and Clark ;)
27. Listening to music…dancing to music…singing a-long with music..MUSIC!
28. KAREOKE!!!
29. Peanut Butter…yum :p
30. Leah and I have decided that…seeing pretty cars, driving pretty cars, owning pretty cars, and having pretty boys who can fix our pretty cars…make/ will make us happy
31. I LOVE DRIVING!
32. Going to the chiropractor
33. Drumming my fingernails on surfaces when I have long nails…and listening to the rhythmic beat
34. Getting texts…even though it costs me .3 of a minute on my TracPhone…
35. Getting into different TV shows with friends and family
36. CAFFEINE!!!
37. Using fun words/making up fun words SNUGGLEISHOUSNESS!
38. Making people Lose The GAME!!! Mwahahahaha =)
39. Random YouTube videos
40. Talking to strangers
41. Hating the Cubs and Apple computers
42. Skype!
43. Smooth legs ;)
44. My soccer pillow
45. Bair Lake Bible Camp
46. Knowing I have a Heavenly Father who loves me no matter what!
47. Comfy clothes/fun slippers
48. Random adventures…especially late night ones ;)
49. Star gazing
50. Walking barefoot (esp. ON A BEACH!)
51. Painting my nails
52. Seeing a person’s face when you give them something they REALLY wanted…and not just something you knew they’d like.
53. Playing games (board…card…etc…) with friends and family.
54. Getting a good grade on something I worked really hard on
55. Knowing other people are proud of me
56. Making other people happy
57. Peanut MnM’s/SourPatchKids/Mike and Ikes ...All equally delicious
58. My computer doing what it’s supposed to…when I need it to -Computers!
59. Listening to little children worship God through song
60. Taking “strolls” with God
61. Brushing my teeth
62. Solving problems/Resolving conflict
63. Sunrises/Sunsets (preferably over water)
64. Silly Love Songs ^^
65. MORE COWBELL
66. Watermelon :p
67. Listening to jam sessions!!! =)
68. Running soundboards
69. Cheese
70. BIG trucks
71. Operating heavy machinery
72. Having a legitimate pair of work pants
73. SNOW
74. Sledding
75. Learning to snowboard
76. Shooting guns
77. Randomly decorating a room
78. ‘Evolution’ cooking or baking
79. Drinking tea (with the pinkie up of course) ^^ …milk and sugar too!
80. Randomly speaking Spanish… ‘es ovio’ o ‘claro!’
81. Making something with my hands
82. Learning a new skill/teaching someone else a new skill
83. Animoto.com
84. Taking fun pictures/having crazy photos to remember a lot of crazy times, and some crazy people ^^
85. A good smelling candle
86. Sleep
87. Sweet HATS!
88. Agua is a very good thing to drink
89. CaNdYcAnEs ^^
90. Messing around with Photoshop
91. Coloring (and being OCD about it)
92. Being able to know EXACTLY what time it is the moment I open my eyes
93. Being thrown into pools
94. Receiving and giving back massages
95. Having my hair played with/ playing with hair
96. Receiving random notes
97. Just spending time with the people I love
98. RANDOMNESS/spontaneity ^^
99. Bubbles
100. ♥LOVE♥

No comments:

Post a Comment